- erespielmorena likes this
- alaventure likes this
- lecafedamour likes this
- vibrantmango likes this
- treasures-of-mine likes this
- phantomoftheoprah reblogged this from goscrewaduck
- bythebeautifulsea reblogged this from goscrewaduck
- lulusaurus likes this
- goscrewaduck reblogged this from obamasbutt
- rebelwithoutablog likes this
- myadultproblems reblogged this from ilikejoaquin
- thealternativepost reblogged this from ilikejoaquin
- tortillerafrijolera reblogged this from phialamariposa
- sophiehossein reblogged this from whereismimente and added:
- sophiehossein likes this
- springsteenmellencamp reblogged this from alisonofagun
- perfectcoma likes this
- susanaaamaria likes this
- secretly-a-mad-scientist reblogged this from squattingdogg and added:
- squattingdogg reblogged this from chicanacrush-em
- jaimitoelcartero2 reblogged this from whereismimente
- jaimitoelcartero2 likes this
- yourlocalhomosexual reblogged this from whereismimente and added:
- ohtobeoriginal likes this
- this-cosmic-ocean-life likes this
- elsayraul reblogged this from chicanacrush-em
- martiangrrrlvoodoo likes this
- thekathinator reblogged this from chicanacrush-em
- chicanacrush-em reblogged this from phialamariposa
- chicanacrush-em likes this
- fernandocorral reblogged this from whereismimente
- xicanolove likes this
- phialamariposa reblogged this from mexicatiahui
- phialamariposa likes this
- purplesupremacist reblogged this from wavingatsailors
- nepantlera-en-la-frontera likes this
- wavingatsailors reblogged this from nepantlera-en-la-frontera
- revengeissimple likes this
- adan1love reblogged this from mexicatiahui
- mexicatiahui reblogged this from whereismimente
- candiiifresh reblogged this from ohapoeticsoul
- this-is-ralph likes this
- blaucat reblogged this from whereismimente
- aprilseye likes this
- mexicatiahui likes this
- king-of-carrot-flowerss likes this
- lobitalolita likes this
- whereismimente reblogged this from ohapoeticsoul
- sofacity likes this
Some guidelines for loving:
1. Tell them about their brilliance. They likely can’t see it and they don’t know its immensity, but you can see it, and you can illuminate it for them.
2. Be authentic, and give others the gift of the real you and a real relationship. Ask your real questions. Share your real beliefs. Go for your real dreams. Tell your truth.
3. Don’t confuse “authenticity” with sharing every complaint, resentment, or petty reaction in the name of “being yourself.” Meditate, write, or do yoga to work through anxiety, resentment, and stress on your own so you don’t hand off those negative moods to everyone around you. Sure, share sadness, honest dilemmas, and fears, but be mindful: don’t pollute.
4. Listen, listen, listen. Don’t listen to determine if you agree or disagree. Listen to get to know what is true for the person in front of you. Get to know an inner landscape that is different from your own, and enjoy the journey. Remember that if, in any conversation, nothing piqued your curiosity and nothing surprised you, you weren’t really listening.
5. Don’t waste your time or energy thinking about how they need to be different. Really. Chuck that whole thing. Their habits are their habits. Their personalities are their personalities. Let them be, and work on what you want to change about you—not what you think would be good to change about them.
6. Remember that you don’t have to understand their choices to respect or accept them.
7. Don’t conflate accepting with being a doormat or betraying yourself. Let them be who they are, entirely. Then, you decide what you need, in light of who they are. Do you need to make a direct request that they change their behavior in some way? Do you need to take care of yourself better? Do you need to set a boundary or to change the relationship? Take care of yourself well, without holding anyone else in contempt.
8. Give of yourself, but never sacrifice or compromise yourself. Stop if resentment is building and retool. Don’t do the martyr thing. It helps no one and nothing.
9. Remember that everyone you encounter was created by divine intelligence and has an important role to play in the universe. Treat them as such.
10. If you want to keep growing emotionally and spiritually for the rest of your life, accept this as your mantra and try to live as if it were true: Everything that I experience from another human being is either love, or a call for love.